- Statements by Staff of the Joint Military and Police Force
- International military coopration
- Public hearing
Minister Vulin: Excellent relations between Vučić and Lukashenko advance the relations between Serbia and Belarus
- Serbia and Belarus are cooperating better and better owing to the excellent relations between President Vučić and Lukashenko, while the military-to-military cooperation of the two countries is at its highest so far. The overhaul and modernisation of four MiG 29 that we are acquiring from Belarus is going as agreed – stated Minister of Defence Aleksandar Vulin after the meeting with his Belarus colleague Andrei Alekseyevich Ravkov in Minsk. The ministers Vulin and Ravkov attended today the opening of the Office of Defence Attaché of the Republic of Serbia in the Republic of Belarus.
In the conversation with his colleague Ravkov, Minister Vulin conveyed personal greetings of President Vučić for President Lukashenko and reiterated that the excellent relations between the two presidents had enabled the good cooperation between our two states, which grew better and better each day, while the ministries of defence had a collaboration which had never been on a higher level.
- Following the talks with Minister Ravkov, I can say with satisfaction that we will continue our cooperation and that the agreement regarding the four MiGs, their overhaul and modernisation is carried out in accordance with our agreements and it will certainly mean a lot and greatly increase the operational capabilities of the AF and AD of the Republic of Serbia – stated Minister Vulin.
I would like to thank my Belarus colleague for the support rendered by his country to Serbia when it comes to the resolution of the issue of Kosovo and Metohija.
- Belarus is a friendly country. The relation of Belarus in all international fora is such that it always and without any reserve supports Serbia and we are grateful for that. But there is also this certainty that Serbia will always approach Belarus with the utmost friendship and it will always endeavour to assist the development of our relations and honouring of international law everywhere in the world – stated Minister Vulin.
He also pointed out that the military-to-military cooperation with Belarus was on the rise.
- Our soldiers exercise together, and they have 24 joint activities, and at the International Army Games, Serbian-Belarus sniper pair won a gold medal thus showing that we are among the best snipers of the world – said Minister Vulin.
Today, ministers of defence of Serbia and Belarus, Aleksandar Vulin and Andrei Ravkov, attended the opening of the Office of Defence Attaché of the Republic of Serbia in Minsk, the capital of that country.
- Russia and Belarus are friendly countries, and this is the proof that our cooperation is being developed in all the areas. Military-to-military cooperation is something that we pay great attention to and this is not only the evidence of our relations so far, but a message for all our future relations. There is room to develop our cooperation, there is room for us to make progress, and this is the way to enable it – stated Minister Vulin.