Ministry of defence Republic of Serbia
 
03.12.2014.

Minister of Defence in Lucani



Министар одбране у ЛучанимаMinister of Defence Bratislav Gasic, accompanied by Second Army Brigade Commander Brigadier General Marinko Pavlovic and Director of JVP SV Public Water Company „Srbijavode“ Goran Puzovic, visited SAF members in Lucani who are helping the local residents and government in damage relief after the flooding of the Bjelica River.

Minister said that the issue with the flooding of the river in Lucani had occurred for the seventh time this year and that it would not happen again.

- There are many things we need to resolve, and the priorities are embankments on the river and protection of houses. So far, four kilometers of causeway have been cleared, another one will be cleared to the confluence with the West Morava, so such disasters will no longer occur – Gasic said, stressing that the information that ten houses are endangered is false.

He added that the Armed Forces of Serbia is deployed in the field to protect the citizens and their property, and for the strategically important special purpose factory.

- If Milan Blagojevic stops working, all of our seven special purpose factories will stop working, and we will not let that happen. We will stay here as long as necessary and deploy as many people and as much assets as needed.

Министар одбране у ЛучанимаDirector of JVP SV Public Water Company „Srbijavode“ Goran Puzovic confirmed that the field construction works had been under way since November 11.

- Total forest vegetation has been cut, stumps have been taken out and 20 thousand ccs of material and around 5 ccs of rocks have been taken out of the river bed. The bridge has been fortified and all critical spots have been repaired – Puzovic said, adding that about 400-500 meters remain to be cleared until the end of the first stage of the works.

After the tour of the embankment, Minister of Defence Bratislav Gasic met with the Director of Milan Blagojevic factory Rados Milovanovic, who informed him that the situation within the factory area is currently under control and that all vital engines are safe.

photoPHOTOGALLERY
videoVIDEOGALLERY
  • Director of JVP SV „Srbijavode“ Goran Puzovic [FLV] 
  • Minister Gasic's statement [FLV] 
  • The tour [FLV]