Ministry of defence Republic of Serbia
 

Defence Inspectorate - Chronology



First inspectorates were introduced in Serbia in 1894, and in 1911 the General Inspectorate for the entire Armed Forces was established – headed by the Crown Prince.

- From 1919 to 1923 there were a number of inspections – of Infantry, Artillery, and other arms; 
- 1930 - Ground Defence Inspection; 
- 1940 - Supreme Inspection of Military Force; 
- 1949 - General Inspection of Yugoslav National Army; 
- 1967 - General Inspection of the Armed Forces; 
- 1970 - General Inspection of National Defence.

Defence Inspectorate was established pursuant to the order of the President of the FRY on 22 February 2002 and by the decision of Supreme Defence Council of 15 March 2003.