Minister Vulin in Srebrenica – I wish that you have friends like Vučić and Serbia
- Serbia has no greater interest than preserved peace, security and stability in the region, and we will do everything that is required for that to happen – stated Minister of Defence Aleksandar Vulin at the official session on the Day of Srebrenica Municipality where he stayed at invitation of the Mayor, Mladen Grujičić.
Congratulating the holiday to the citizens of Srebrenica on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Serbia and President and Supreme Commander of the Serbian Armed Forces Aleksandar Vučić, Minister Vulin highlighted that the wished them the most to have friends like Aleksandar Vučić and Serbia.
- Aleksandar Vučić did and will do everything for your town and the Republic of Srpska, for peace and for stability and security, and the state of Serbia saves from little that it has for you and your children – for kindergarten and children whose last name is not important as long as children’s laughter and crying are heard – said Minister Vulin and asked himself – Who is the one who can tell the language in which children laugh and cry?
He sent the message that the Government and the President and Supreme Commander of the Serbian Armed Forces Aleksandar Vučić always ready to help Srebrenica and the Republic of Srpska in order to preserve peace and stability in that area.
- Today, Srebrenica lives better. Its citizens, regardless of religion and nation, have new jobs, kindergartens and new roads, and they have a better life. Now you see how ugly and wrong was to say that a Serbian could not be the Mayor of Srebrenica. It does not matter who a good man is when he is elected by his fellow citizens and that is how it should be. I would like to thank the Government of the Republic of Srpska and President Dodik for an extraordinary cooperation and for paying attention of every part of the Republic of Srpska thus enabling the maintenance of peace and stability in the surroundings which is of the utmost significance for the Republic of Serbia. For us there is no greater interest – Minister of Defence Aleksandar Vulin said.
He added that he could not but “remind Srebrenica” of attempted assassination of then President of the Government, and incumbent President of the Republic of Serbia Aleksandar Vučić that had taken place two years before, and that he wished them the truth about that event because “the truth cannot corrupt us”.
- I cannot but ask myself why two years after the incident we do not have a single answer and why we do not know who tried to do that and how no one was punished or found responsible for such a thing. A man who sincerely loves these people and who came here on behalf of Serbia to offer the hand of reconciliation was welcomed by attempted murder. I believe that it would be very good for all of us, regardless of religion or nationality, because it is completely irrelevant in this event, to find out who tried to kill the President of the Government of the Republic of Serbia – said Minister Vulin and added that the believed that the simple truth would help the relations between our countries and peoples.
The minister of defence took the opportunity to express his deep respect for the grief of every mother of Srebrenica, for the pain of every white scarf, but to ask for the same respect and deep understanding for the pain of every Serbian mother in Bratunac or Podrinje.
- Only the truth and only the exactly the same understanding of the tragedy and pain of every mother can help us go on. Nothing else and no other way. As you know, the highest representatives of the state of Serbia have on numerous occasions said what I have just said. I would like to hear that from all the others, and it would mean a lot and it would help immensely – said Minister Vulin once again congratulating the Day of the Municipality to all the citizens of Srebrenica, wishing them to live peacefully in their town, to work there and be what they were.
The President of the Republic of Srpska, Milorad Dodik, who was presented with a plaque with the golden coat of arms, the highest recognition for an extraordinary contribution to development of the municipality, congratulated the citizens the Day of the Municipality.
- For me, this recognition is very important as a verification of the continuity of my work and relation of the Republic of Srpska towards this municipality. In difficult situation of post-war recovery, we have always considered Srebrenica as a local community which required additional investment which we should make look better and today, we can notice that. I am extremely grateful to the Republic of Serbia and President Aleksandar Vučić for assisting this local community, because without that assistance, we would not have managed to achieve many things. This is a specific place because of the tragedy that happened here, but it is also a place that gives the chance for reconciliation, not to share the grief but to punish the responsible of any crime, to respect and appreciate the pain – President Dodik said and added that he did not consider the award that he was given as victory over someone, but as a confirmation of self-denying work, for progress and development of Srebrenica municipality.
Boshnak’s parties did not attend the Official session of the Assembly of Srebrenica Municipality held on the occasion of 11th March Day of Srebrenica.
Prior to the Official Session, Minister Vulin met the President Dodik and Head of Municipality Mladen Grujičić.