- Statements by Staff of the Joint Military and Police Force
- International military coopration
- Public hearing
The Minister of Defence Saw in the New Year with the Members of the 250th Rocket Brigade
Minister of Defence Aleksandar Vulin, accompanied by Chief of General Staff of the Serbian Armed Forces General Ljubiša Diković, State Secretary Aleksandar Živković and Deputy Commander of Air Force and Air Defence Brigadier General Sava Milenković, saw in the New Year 2018 with the members of the 3rd Rocket Battery of the 1st Rocket Battalion of the 250th Rocket Brigade in barracks “Airport” in Pančevo.
Acting Commander of the 250th Rocket Brigade, Colonel Milan Popović reported to the minister and defence and Chief of General Staff about the state in the unit. Colonel Popović reminded of a rich tradition of the 250th Rocket Brigade which was decorated by the Medal of National Hero for its feats in defence against the NATO Aggression in 1999, as well of the recent achievements of the unit during firing in the Republic of Bulgaria.
The members of the 3rd Rocket Battery of the 1st Rocket Battalion demonstrated to the most responsible individuals of defence system the transition into the first degree of readiness on the missile system “Neva”. This is a unit which is in a system of permanent combat air defence duty.
- I would like to wish a Happy New Year to all the citizens of Serbia on behalf of the members of the Ministry of Defence and members of the Serbian Armed Forces, and to wish them a year that would worth remembering and worth repeating. Both the members of the Ministry of Defence and all the members of the Serbian Armed Forces will give their best to make the upcoming year peaceful, secure and stable, and make sure that Serbia is protected, safeguarded and defended – Minister of Defence Aleksandar Vulin said.
He said that the members of the system would act in the same manner in the following year – every night will be peaceful, safe and defended just like this one and the members of the Serbian Armed Forces will protect the peace and security of all the citizens.
- The year ahead of us is going to be a year of the continuation of the recovery of the Serbian Armed forces, the improvement of financial status of all our members, and the year in which all the citizens of the Republic of Serbia will feel the welfare coming from the policy of austerity, work and stability. Without strong and stable armed forces, there cannot be a strong and stable Serbia. Without strong and stable armed forces, there cannot be a secure region. Without strong and stable armed forces, there cannot be Serbia which we hope for, which we love and rejoice in. I wish a happy and successful New Year to all the citizens of Serbia, I wish them good health, a lot of happiness and to be peaceful and assured that their armed forces are always there for them – Minister Vulin concluded his address.
General Ljubiša Diković reminded that over 2800 members of the Serbian Armed Forces were responsible for the security in the New Year’s Eve, in the Ground Safety Zone, at the state border, or in the forces protecting the air space.
- Together with the minister of defence and his associates, we are here in the Rocket Battery to observe their organisation. To all the members of the Armed Forces, from this firing post, I wish Happy New Year 2018, that will, and I am sure of it, be much better and which will positively influence everything that we will do to increase combat readiness of our units, which is our primary task – the Chief of General Staff said.