Minister Vulin: New working places in Despotovac after 30 years
Today, Minister of Defence Aleksandar Vulin toured recently opened plant of the “Jumko” Holding Company in Resavica near Despotovac.
Speaking about its importance, Minister Vulin pointed out that back in 2012, no one had believed in “Jumko”, apart from one man - Aleksandar Vučić.
- From the enterprise that was considered to be already closed and soon to be completely abandoned, a company has been created which now employs the people from not only the area of Vranje, but from the territory of entire Serbia. I am grateful to “Jumko” and its management, and to workers as well who are hard-working and self-sacrificing, who shared this belief in their enterprise, their company, with Aleksandar Vučić, so that now they can open new businesses and help other people - Minister Vulin pointed out.
According to him, today the company employs 60 women, and another 60 are planned to be employed in the next year.
- I believe that “Jumko”, to the extent to which it expands its business capacities, and it does expand them, will continue employing people in other plants in the entire Serbia. As you can see, “Jumko” employs people in the areas where it is tough, where there has been no job for a long time - in Bujanovac, Despotovac, in all those places where it is difficult to find employment. The Ministry of Defence will continue cooperating with “Jumko” and it will always, no matter what it does, or what it procures, primarily procure from national manufacturers, since by doing that we open new working places, and we strengthen our industry, and we can thus employ people and say that Serbia is a better place for life - Minister Vulin assessed.
As he added, the Ministry of Defence was satisfied with the cooperation with “Jumko” and he announced great contracts for the following year.
- The Serbian Armed Forces are equipping themselves, the Serbian Armed Forces are getting stronger and modernised, and we need national industry for that. Only the thing that you produce on your own is truly yours, and all things that you have to import, when it comes to the military and arms and military equipment, are not yours, because someone can say that there are no spare parts or that you do not have right to use something - Minister Vulin concluded adding that only something that you produce on your own is really yours and that the same applied to “Jumko” and with the entire Serbian defence industry, which strengthen combat readiness of our entire armed forces.
He also underlined that “Jumko” as socially responsible company, paid attention that everything that was earned was distributed evenly to the entire Serbia, not just to Vranje.
- The money invested in this plant is not money from a credit, loan or some donation, but the company “Jumko” earned it and made profit and immediately invested it. I really do have to commend such practice and I hope that other public companies will behave in the same manner. I congratulate Despotovac; you have seen these women, and you have seen with how much joy and enthusiasm they learn something new and how interested they are in creating something - Minister Vulin stressed adding that Serbia was making progress, and Serbia was creating, and that it was capable of creating something good, even when things had seemed hopeless and without any chance for something good to happen and he explained that it was precisely the reason why the policy of peace and stability was so important.
Director-General of “Jumko” Branislav Trajković underlined that after Bujanovac, where 120 workers had been employed not long before that, and Crna Trava where 35 workers had been employed, another 60 workers were employed in the plant of that company in Despotovac.
- We would not have achieved all this if there had not been for the President of the Republic, the Ministry of Defence and all relevant factors of the state, and now, “Jumko” is one of the most stable companies in the state and one of the largest companies in the field of textile industry - Director Trajković underscored.
President of the municipality of Despotovac Nikola Nikolić, expressed his satisfaction with the opening of the plant in that municipality, since it provided 60 families with an opportunity for a better life, adding that new working places had been opened in public sector in the municipality of Despotovac after 30 years. He also expressed gratitude to Minister Vulin, and to company “Jumko” for having opened the plant in that particular municipality to the benefit of all the citizens.
“Jumko” from Vranje started the production of protective clothing in Resavica, which was once a plant of Belgrade textile company “Beko”.
Slobodanka Mladenović has been recently employed in the plant in Resavica and she says that she is extremely satisfied because the plant has been opened in her town so that people can get jobs in it. Her colleague Marija Ilić,from the same town, is also satisfied with the working conditions and she says that after seven years spent at the labour market she finally got the job in “Jumko” plant in Resavica.