- Statements by Staff of the Joint Military and Police Force
- International military coopration
- Public hearing
Minister Vulin: Everything is ready for the exercise “Century of Victors”
- The Serbian Armed Forces are fully ready for the grand live exercise the “Century of Victors 1918-2018” and all our preparations are nearing their end – stated today Minister of Defence Aleksandar Vulin in the area of Sremska Mitrovica where he attended a tactical exercise titled “Tank battalion on the move” of the members of the Serbian Armed Forces.
Today’s preparation for the exercise was conducted by the members of the First Army Brigade in the framework of preparations for the joint tactical exercise the “Century of Victors 1918-2018” which is going to take place on 10th November 2018 to mark the 100th anniversary of the victory in the Great war.
As Minister Vulin underlined, today the tankmen of the First Army Brigade demonstrated what a tank battalion on the move looks like.
- Everything that we do, we do it in real time and real conditions, just like this unit would do in case of war. Our tankmen hold rather notable place both in our armed forces and in the exercise the “Century of Victors 1918-2018” where they will participate with 100 tanks with complete crews without summoning the reserve but exclusively composed of our forces. They are all ready and organised, their morale is at a very high level, the equipment is absolutely serviceable, so, everything that remains to be done is to show how secure, strong our armed forces are and how much we can rely on it – Minister Vulin concluded.
Commander of the tank battalion Lieutenant Colonel Borislav Krnjajić stressed that the tankmen of the First Brigade were given the honour to participate in the forthcoming exercise.
- The aim of our today’s demonstration is to train the tank battalion for the execution of the march in the conditions of the plain terrain so that the unit is ready to respond to possible challenges, risks and threats to security of the Republic of Serbia – said Lieutenant Colonel Krnjajić and sent a message to the citizens that they could have confidence in the tankman of the First Brigade and the Serbian Armed Forces.
The demonstration was attended by Deputy Chief of General Staff Major General Petar Cvetković, the Army Commander Lieutenant General Milosav Simović and Commander of the First Brigade Brigadier General Željko Petrović.
The exercise the “Century of Victors 1918-2018” is going to be held to mark the 100th anniversary of the victory in the First World War and it will be conducted simultaneously on 10 locations covering the topic “Preparation and employment of reaction forces of the Serbian Armed Forces”.
Around 8000 members on more than 600 combat systems and 24 aircraft will participate in the exercise and present the level of operational competence of the Serbian Armed Forces. During the exercise, according to the plan, 103 tons of ordnance is going to be expended.
Members of the Fourth Army Brigade and Centre for training of units for multinational operations are preparing for the forthcoming exercise the “Century of Victors 1918-2018” at military complex Borovac near Bujanovac. They were visited today by the Army Commander Lieutenant General Milosav Simović.
The tactical exercise on the military complex Borovac, is one of ten exercises that are going to be presented on 10th November 2018 to observe the 100th anniversary of the victory in the First World War.
Commander of the Fourth Army Brigade Brigadier General Slobodan Stopa stated that the reaction forces of the Fourth Army Brigade “are fully trained and competent to execute the assigned tasks in the area of their responsibility”.