- Statements by Staff of the Joint Military and Police Force
- International military coopration
- Public hearing
Minister Vulin: The Serbian Armed Forces take care of its members for a lifetime
Defence Minister Aleksandar Vulin, in the presence of Lieutenant General Milan Mojsilović, Chief of General Staff of the Serbian Armed Forces, delivered keys to 12 apartments to active and retired members of the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces in Novi Sad, today.
As Minister Vulin pointed out, from the beginning of 2018 until today, 667 members of the Serbian Armed Forces have solved their housing issue through the Ministry of Defence.
- We are establishing and restoring a system that was plannedly and deliberately destroyed. There were decades in which the efforts were made towards dissolving the army. This will no longer be allowed, and the strengthening of the Armed Forces will be seen through new weapons, new combat systems, but it will also be seen in enhanced construction and in the care for all our members. Anyone who ties their fate to the Serbian Armed Forces should know that there is a system that takes care of them, their educational needs, housing, health care, but also the members of their families, the minister of defence said, adding that if you become part of the Serbian Armed Forces you will be taken care of from the very admission to the Armed Forces until the end of your life.
- Today's division of apartments is just proof that the Armed Forces takes care of its active and retired members. As long as you are here, you are our concern and our obligation. The Serbian Armed Forces will also be working on returning to numerous places which it left and which it abandoned. We do not think that all the armed forces and all flats should be in Belgrade, the Armed Forces should be diversified, it should be located wherever our people live, or where it is needed. We should not invest everything in Belgrade, we should invest also in other cities that deserve to have an army and a better standard of living, Minister Vulin said.
According to him, housing construction for members of security structures, initiated by Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić, will largely solve housing problems.
- In Novi Sad, we expect to build about 2,000 apartments. These are great efforts and results, this is very important for the Armed Forces, because the Armed Forces takes care of its personnel – minister of defence said.
General Mojsilović stressed the importance of solving housing issues for members of the defence system.
- This is an event that rounds out a great life issue for people and is a result that the Ministry of Defence expresses in a part of the efforts to raise the status and standards of members of the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces to the highest level. The frequency of such events is precisely the result of efforts where care for people has a special place. I hope that the planned housing construction project for members of the security structure will soon be realised in order for our members to be most satisfied, and that is all they deserve during their work and careers, General Mojsilović concluded.
Zdravko Jelušić, President of the Novi Sad Assembly, said that this is a clear indication that attention should be paid to people from whom we expect to provide protection primarily to state integrity, and to citizens in their everyday life.
- This is just an introduction to a project that will be implemented in Novi Sad in the forthcoming period. What comes next is the construction of about 2,000 apartments where members of the defence system will solve what is most important for them - their existential issue, Jelušić pointed out.
One of those who received the three-room apartment in the Novi Sad-based settlement of Jugovićevo is Lieutenant Colonel Dejan Stanivuković, who finally managed to “pitch his tent” for his five-member family and is therefore grateful to the Ministry of Defence and the Serbian Armed Forces. Also, Milan Lopušina received the key of his apartment after 36 years and he points out that “the feeling is indescribable”.